“Students do not learn much just sitting in classes listening to teachers, memorizing prepackaged assignments, and spitting out answers. They must talk about it, relate it to past experiences, and apply it to their daily live. They must make what they learn part of themselves”. – Arthur W. Chickering and Stephen C. Ehrmann.
In this article we have cover so many things about learning pro and cons and many more other topics answer like
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of e learning?
- What are the E-LEARNING PROS AND CONS ?
- What is e learning pros and cons?
- What is the difference between e learning and online learning?
- How does virtual learning affect students?
- What are the characteristics of e learning?
- How does virtual learning affect students?
- What are some disadvantages of online learning?
and many more topics we are cover here hope you will like this article i am damn sure you will find every answer to your question .
To understand why e-learning is the tool of choice for corporate training, it is important to understand the target audience. Employees today are eager to learn and upskill. If an organization does not provide ample learning opportunities, its employees may join a competitor. According to LinkedIn’s 2018 Workplace report, 94 of employees say they will stick with an employer that invests in their development. The same goes with the student community as well.
Internet has become an inseparable part of everyone’s life, be it a child, a youth or elderlies. It works as a research tool for us to solve the day-to-day puzzles that irks our tech-bound brain and gives solution to all of them making us all wonder about its infinite ability to answer all our thoughts and questions. It also helps in connecting people all over the world making it easy for us to stay connected with our loved ones. It helps us maintain a packed social life where we can update our activities in a minutely basis and let our peers know about our daily life changing it into interesting from boring. TwentyEighty’s 7 consumer realities report states that at the time of need 91 percent of people depend on their smartphone for an answer.
In the early days people used internet as a research tool to get information regarding things that helped them getting a better output. They used it to gather project information, for downloading of pictures, music, games, updates, and also to send emails, instant messages and to chat with people on regular intervals. As time went on, internet became a vital factor in everyone’s life. People became more fascinated and that resulted in a massive growth in the number of surfers and in no time, it has become a most important thing in a person’s life. Nothing could be done without internet today, be it messaging or a project presentation. We solely depend on the internet to carry out our chores. It helps us in doing an amazing job and does every possible task in a technically precise and crisp manner.
It is efficient, systematic, logical and structured and helps people gain some more time to do their HD tasks that goes on forever. So, Universities and colleges started offering online courses for students to develop their skills and to gain a more knowledge that will help them to become a better toiler. It was a very beneficial initiative for both the students and teachers as it saves time and helps the students gain some knowledge even outer their field of study. There is a saying, ‘Know something about everything and everything about something’. The initiative for online course served as a best example for that saying. Not only students but even some professors who are interested in expanding their vision apply for the online courses and get all the study materials and videos online. IBM research found that for every penny people invest in e-learning, the result multiplies three times in productivity, mostly because students and also employees save a lot of time through online learning and are able to resume work and apply the new skills faster.
Students who are economically fit and who have an ambitious attitude of learning new things started applying for courses online and as the numbers increased, the universities’ exam council started conducting exams in various areas through exam centers, reducing the headache of travelling from one place to another for writing exams. Online courses gained an additional star in many people’s CV and it became mandatory for people to learn different courses online to develop their skills, most importantly to get a hype in their profession. Survey says that e-learning has a direct effect on boosting employee morale, satisfaction and longevity.
The pandemic situation has forced the people to maintain a safe distance from one another to avoid any infection and the education system is obliged to follow the same rules. Students are the future pillars and leaders of our nation. The authority needs to make sure that students are safe and secure from the ongoing threats and the only solution to ensure that kind of safety is to close all the institutions and schools, prolonging the holiday. At the same it cannot go on like this forever. “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world”, says Nelson Mandela. Students were very happy at first, but it became a very big burden to stay in the house and do nothing. Time went on and there was no there came no appreciable improvement that could help in gaining the confidence back enough to reopen all the institutes, universities and schools. So, the government took on a bold and modern initiative, that is to teach classes online or simply E-learning.
ADVANTAGES OF E-LEARNING:
“Online learning is not the next big thing; it is the now big thing” – Donna J. Abernathy.
- Thus, the universities and colleges started conducting online classes and by far it is one of the most fascinating and agreeable decision. It is a very big step and even the government schools are conducting online classes for the students. It is proving to be a best method for learning from home, and in this the students can learn and develop their knowledge from their home, and there is no need for the government to worry about any biological threat that might add fuel to the fire.
- Online learning has features that cater to modern learner preferences. Online learning saves time and it provides the classes for the students at their windows’ or android’s screen making it easy for them to learn it anytime, anywhere. A study conducted by Brandon Hall found that e-learning requires 40 to 60 percent less employee time than classroom training. It could solve teacher scarcity. It costs low than the normal way of learning and offers easy ways of accessing the data that are transcribed to the learners.
- E-learning gives the students a better confinement as modern day learners prefer bite-sized, interactive content. They would rather watch a video or listen to a podcast than read through pages of a manual. The tools enable the teachers to make content Interesting and interactive. The more engaging the content is the better the learners remember information. It is also environment friendly.
- E-learning is consistent as the notes they receive will always be there for them to just click open with a finger and read at their leisure. It also offers privacy and independency as there I no need for the learner to sit in the class packed full with students and contribute to the session half-heartedly. Instead they can sit in their room and go through the classes and notes as they please.
DISADVANTAGES OF E-LEARNING:
- On the other hands we have disadvantages that prevent this aspect from being a successful one. Like every other E-skill this one too has its own drawbacks as it can cause social isolation, already the young generation budding stars are bending their neck so low to look at their gadgets and this might exhort them to bend it even further, and there is a risky chance of them breaking it. There is also a very high chance of cheating as the teachers won’t be able to monitor the students during online tests. Lack of communication from the student side is also a major disadvantage as it is easy to ignore the teachers in videos than in person. There is also lack of accreditation and quality assurance.
- In India most of the students come from the middle class, so it is hard for them to afford the price for e-learning and half of the students are from rural area, and they have problems in getting a better signal and many tech issues might happen. The other major drawback is that it is risky to look at gadgets all day and might affect the student’s eyesight, making the already partial blind country more blind.
Thus, it is the duty of a learner to pay complete and sincere attention to the class and he/she is the one who should take the initiative to learn from the ample resources he/she can get in this modernized society.
thus these are the pros and cons of e-learning. one can follow the necessary steps to learn courses online.
- DEVIMANJU MOHAN.
People also search